Monday, February 14, 2011

Money Saving Monday: Valentine's on a Budget

Okay, let's be honest, either you love Valentine's Day or you hate it.  When I was little I loved it!  I remember decorating my homemade Valentine's Day box and making cards to pass around to all of my friends at school.  I would come home and secretly hope that I would have a love note from the boy that I had a crush on.  I could only hope.

I loved Valentine's night, when my parents would take us around to our friends and we would run and put our Valentine's on their door step, ring the doorbell, and run away.  This always gave me a heart attack.  I thought for sure I would trip and fall and someone would catch me.

Now that I have my own little family, I love Valentine's Day, and I get to start my own traditions.  I have found a few fun ideas to do on this Valentine's Day.  These of course are inexpensive and will save money!

1.  Make your own Valentines or Gifts

My cute friend has a fun blog that has a lot of great ideas for Valentine's Day.  They have printable cards, boxes, cute gift ideas.  Check it out here at JoAnn's Special


2.  Free Valentine Activities for Kids
Valentine Coloring Pages


Make Play-Doh.  There are edible recipes or just for fun recipes- See Recipe here


3.  Out to eat with coupons!  If you are going out, make sure to check out the list that I put together a few days ago.  You can see that here. 
Here are a few new ones:

IHop:  Buy 1 Entree get one FREE.  With printable coupon.

Subway:  FREE cookie w/ purchaes

Melting Pot:  Sign up for their Club Fondue and get a FREE chocolate dessert when you purchase 2 big night outs or 2 entrees and a cheese.  This place is AMAZING!


Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment